Sourcing, procuring and managing your IT hardware, software and networks can be a daunting challenge for any company. With multiple vendors available to deal with, not to mention determining what your particular needs are, the IT asset management (ITAM) process can be complex.
IT assets are generally expensive to acquire and operate. They can rapidly depreciate, so ensuring you have a strategy to maximize their value is essential.
Partnering with a trusted company with proven IT asset management services makes sense in today's competitive business environment. We have the skills and expertise to simplify all aspects of managing your IT assets, letting you focus on growing your business.
Our IT Asset Management Services
As part of our suite of infrastructure managed services, we offer software and hardware inventory management solutions designed to help you make informed and strategic decisions regarding your IT operations.
Our ITAM services are customized to manage your assets throughout their full lifecycles, from procurement through usage and eventual disposition.
With a proper IT asset management plan in place, you'll be able to:
A good ITAM strategy is ultimately a good business strategy. We provide guidance and hands-on consulting to companies to help them implement and manage a system that not only provides maximum value but works to support their needs.
IT Asset Management Process
The IT asset management process involves several phases, taking care of your hardware and software from start to finish.
Some of the steps our IT asset management solutions include:
Procurement. We believe in providing maximum value to our clients without pushing one vendor over another due to preferred ties. This provides flexibility in the procurement options available for your hardware and software.
As part of our procurement process we'll:
- Help you source out your IT assets in a way that makes sense for your business, not ours. Our goal is to help you select a vendor and locate the necessary tools to support your business in a cost-effective and value-added manner.
- Negotiate on your behalf and acquire necessary approvals for the purchase phase.
- Receive hardware and software and make ready for deployment.
Deployment. Once the assets have been sourced and purchased, we'll begin the deployment phase to implement and make them operational. This phase consists of:
- Tracking all assets with IT asset management software, including physical location of hardware
- Determining who is responsible for assets
- Keeping track of vendor information as it pertains to hardware, specifically regarding warranties
- Maintaining an asset management database
Maintenance. The main phase of your IT assets' lifecycle, the maintenance phase is where the hardware and software are in operational use. Asset management is crucial at this stage, especially when modifying or adding a component to an existing asset.
During the usage phase of your ITAM plan, we will:
- Provide care and repair for assets, replacing components and updating asset info when needed
- Determine which assets still have value to the organization and those which are underutilized
- Help you to make appropriate decisions regarding asset usage
- Determine when upgrades are required or if some assets should be marked for disposition
Disposition. At some point, your assets will reach the end of their operational lifecycles. Knowing when to move to this phase is another critical aspect of ITAM, as it gives you the insight to make this type of informed decision.
It's a common practice for companies to want to hold on to existing assets for as long as possible. However, while it may appear to represent cost savings, lost productivity due to a combination of age and an increase in failures may end up costing you more in the long run.
By tracking your assets over their lifespan, we will be able to help you determine the value of your assets and determine when the optimum time for disposition is.
Disposition methods can vary between selling your used assets and recycling them. Which one you select will depend on the inherent value of your hardware.
IT asset management is about maximizing the value of your technology to your company, and Resolute has the skills and expertise to help guide you through the process.
To learn how our IT asset management services can help you manage these mission-critical elements of your business so you can focus on reaching your goals, contact us.